Forage Plus Oats and Arvica pea mix
Green Mix is a forage plus oat and Arvica pea mix ideal for heifer and dry cow feed.
During the early stages of development, Green Mix grows slowly allowing the alfalfa to get a good start before it must compete with the Green Mix.
Green Mix is a late-maturing oat and pea mix reaching forage cutting stage 5-7 days later than typical oat and pea mixes.
- High yielding forage oat developed by the University of Wisconsin – Madison
- Very high dry matter yield, acceptable forage quality and relative low crude protein percentage.
- Excellent crown rust resistance
Recommended time to cut is at the late boot stage when the head can be felt in the stem of the oats. Cutting can be a week prior to heading, with a reduced but still competitive dry matter yield.
- Relatively new proprietary pea variety, Arvica is a forage type pea that is setting a new standard in forage peas.
- Late maturity, high yielding pea variety
100 lbs per acre Depth: 1.5″
Under-seeded Alfalfa Rate:
15-18 lbs per acre
Green Mix works very well as a Fall seeding crop. After winter wheat harvest, plant a Fall seeding of Forage Plus and Arvica Peas (Green Mix). This will provide added tonnage and greater density of feed when compared to Brown Midrib Sorghum.
Plant Green Mix for dry cow or heifer feed. Plant Forage Master for milk cows and beef cows nursing calves.